Software Control System
Collaborated on supporting control systems for mail sorting machinery.
- Wrote deployment and maintenance scripts for configuration management in production.
- Implemented protocols over TCP/IP, Serial and IDE for supporting a variety of devices.
- Automated common configuration tasks to allow greater software flexibility.
- Modified Linux kernel and kernel modules as needed to support high precision device communication.
Mail Sorter Simulator
Designed a system to exercise control system for industrial machinery.
- Collaborated on circuit schematics for hardware design.
- Designed and implemented software protocols for TCP/IP, Serial, and custom IDE card driver testing over hardware lines.
- Architected and implemented both kernel space and user space application for driving hardware simulation.
- Used results generated to help refine and enhance implementation of machines under test.
- Successfully unified different concerns across a variety of languages of implementation and layers of software using IPC, multi-threading and shared kernel memory.
Maintained software that powered enormous production mail sorting operation.
- Successfully implemented enhancements and defect fixes in spite of taking over in a situation with no test environment or deployment process.
- Created a test environment and deployment process to make future changes go more smoothly.
- Delivered results on time and with good feedback, even having to develop on-site in a high pressure situation with no room for error.
- Introduced version control to help standardize releases and ensure quality and configuration management.