Designed and implemented a C# assembly for interfacing with multiple COM driven Auto REM devices.
- Created an architecture extensible enough to provide a single service interface with different internal implementers for each device.
- Integration with existing software components proved the design valid by allowing additional implementations without modifying existing code.
- Made use of null object, state, factory, facade and bridge patterns to provide a consistent abstraction to clients of the module.
- Used dependency inversion and mocking to allow for over 90% code coverage.
Autotask Query Browser
Created open source project that mimics function of "SQL query browser" for Autotask through its Web API
- Layered architecture to allow multiple presentation formats (web/command line/desktop)
- Implemented a parser and defined rules for a language as a subset of TSQL.
- Defined and processed a series of non-query, runnable commands.
Sound Effects Control
Implemented a module for setting the notification beeps on a hearing aid.
- Reworked a "Smart UI", code-behind-heavy application to use MVVM.
- Achieved 100% test coverage of business logic.
- Satisfied all requirement of original implementation in a fraction of the time.
Ear to Ear
Implemented hearing instrument streaming configuration software.
- Designed solution across all vertical application layers.
- Setup reading of information from devices and configuration files.
- Created user experience in accordance with current best practices.
WPF User Controls
Designed a series of reusable user controls for a feature-rich desktop application.
- Designed controls extensible enough for broad reuse by other developers.
- Made use of dependency properties and XAML binding to allow maximum flexibility for client code.
- Overrode control templates or wrapped existing controls in user controls as situation dictated.
- Delivered ahead of schedule, allowing me to provide assistance to clients in how to use.
Data Store Editor
Architected, designed, and led implementation of an application meta-data configuration tool.
- Setup architecture, dependency graph, IoC container, source control, and all other project overhead.
- Led and coordinated a team of 8 people in the implementation.
- Sustained 100% unit test coverage and excellent static analysis marks throughout development, keeping defect counts minimal and user story completion on track.
Tinnitus Sound Generator
Designed and implemented a module for hearing aid fitting software to support tinnitus sound generation.
- Designed and implemented new functionality for an existing application with minimized mutual dependencies.
- Created a testable, dependency injected design with over 80% code coverage.
- Introduced a conceptual service layer to an application that was formerly binding GUI elements directly to domain objects.
- Implemented object communication and validation schemes that served as a template for minimizing coupling elsewhere in the code.