Designed multiple informational websites
- Used a variety of client and server side web technologies to create visually appealing and soundly structured websites.
- Managed deployment and version control schemes for the sites.
Autotask Billing Export
Created an app to transfer information out of Autotask Web API and into a legacy DBC system.
- Designed and implemented a wrapper for consuming Autotask Web Service.
- Created a DBC file generation framework.
- Implemented architecture in such a way that future persistence schemes can be swapped.
Authored a study on the relative usability of various front end programming technologies in conjunction with various RDBMs.
- Designed small applications in 5 different languages, each of which connected to five different databases.
- Created normalized schema and metrics for evaluating performance that eliminated as many comparison variables as possible.
- Presented results in website format.
In the process of implementing open source web app to scrape RSS feeds and display them in newspaper-like format.
- Uses ASP MVC, Github and App Harbor.
- A fun pet project for when I have a bit of spare time.
Created a fully functional and integrated home automation system.
- Wrote low level code to interact with home electricity and automation devices using the X10 protocol.
- Architected and implemented a web server that drives the home automation system.
- Configured and programmed an assortment of hardware, computers, and remote devices to facilitate a system for controlling lights, music, and other functionality throughout the house.
Proprietary Financial Application
Implemented a series of pages and controls for a major financial application.
- Contributed to refinement of underlying development framework.
- Completed all tasks on or ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Extracted common logic for reuse by other developers
MS Test Report Generator
Architected and implemented a utility to read MS Test XML results files and generate formatted HTML reports.
- Used XDocument model to create a consistent data access abstraction for HTML and XML, allowing fluid translation between persistence formats.
- Created a tiered architecture using data access, domain, and service layers to allow application extension to other storage and reporting formats.
- Made use of IRepository pattern to facilitate persistence ignorance.
- Took advantage of flexible design to provide nearly 100% code coverage with unit tests.
Collaborated on software interface for industrial mail sorters.
- Designed interoperation modules for exporting sortation data into accounting modules.
- Created and maintained a scheme for digital rights and subscription management.
- Analyzed database schema to improve indexing and retrieval efficiency.
Oversaw initial rewrite phase of a legacy accounting application.
- Created architecture and relevant artifacts for implementing version 2.0 of a legacy application.
- Setup J2EE, Spring framework and development environments for team collaboration on the project.
- Maintained initial, aggressive schedule, even absorbing periodic resource re-allocation and requirements creep.
Collaborated on a web engine for locating scholarship information for students
- Collaborated on a tiered architecture for a web crawling utility.
- Architected backend data storage and server side code.
- Mined over 50,000 different scholarships for display to users.
- Created crawling engine robust enough to handle cosmetic changes to target site layouts and formats.
Test and Evaluation Server
Created a web application allowing industrial machinery testers to manage test execution and results.
- Using J2EE and Spring Framework, architected and created a system that replaced paper based test recording.
- Developed iteratively, receiving positive feedback at all stages from stakeholders.
- Deployed to production without any show-stopper issues, even in Beta.
Autotask Ticket Merge
Implemented custom app to allow Autotask tickets to be merged
- Wrapped Autotask web service using repository pattern.
- Abstracted inconsistent API to allow transparent manipulation of different entity types.
- Delivered under budget and ahead of schedule.