Designed multiple informational websites
- Used a variety of client and server side web technologies to create visually appealing and soundly structured websites.
- Managed deployment and version control schemes for the sites.
Autotask Billing Export
Created an app to transfer information out of Autotask Web API and into a legacy DBC system.
- Designed and implemented a wrapper for consuming Autotask Web Service.
- Created a DBC file generation framework.
- Implemented architecture in such a way that future persistence schemes can be swapped.
Designed and implemented a C# assembly for interfacing with multiple COM driven Auto REM devices.
- Created an architecture extensible enough to provide a single service interface with different internal implementers for each device.
- Integration with existing software components proved the design valid by allowing additional implementations without modifying existing code.
- Made use of null object, state, factory, facade and bridge patterns to provide a consistent abstraction to clients of the module.
- Used dependency inversion and mocking to allow for over 90% code coverage.
Autotask Query Browser
Created open source project that mimics function of "SQL query browser" for Autotask through its Web API
- Layered architecture to allow multiple presentation formats (web/command line/desktop)
- Implemented a parser and defined rules for a language as a subset of TSQL.
- Defined and processed a series of non-query, runnable commands.
Sound Effects Control
Implemented a module for setting the notification beeps on a hearing aid.
- Reworked a "Smart UI", code-behind-heavy application to use MVVM.
- Achieved 100% test coverage of business logic.
- Satisfied all requirement of original implementation in a fraction of the time.
Authored a study on the relative usability of various front end programming technologies in conjunction with various RDBMs.
- Designed small applications in 5 different languages, each of which connected to five different databases.
- Created normalized schema and metrics for evaluating performance that eliminated as many comparison variables as possible.
- Presented results in website format.
Ear to Ear
Implemented hearing instrument streaming configuration software.
- Designed solution across all vertical application layers.
- Setup reading of information from devices and configuration files.
- Created user experience in accordance with current best practices.
In the process of implementing open source web app to scrape RSS feeds and display them in newspaper-like format.
- Uses ASP MVC, Github and App Harbor.
- A fun pet project for when I have a bit of spare time.
WPF User Controls
Designed a series of reusable user controls for a feature-rich desktop application.
- Designed controls extensible enough for broad reuse by other developers.
- Made use of dependency properties and XAML binding to allow maximum flexibility for client code.
- Overrode control templates or wrapped existing controls in user controls as situation dictated.
- Delivered ahead of schedule, allowing me to provide assistance to clients in how to use.
Created a fully functional and integrated home automation system.
- Wrote low level code to interact with home electricity and automation devices using the X10 protocol.
- Architected and implemented a web server that drives the home automation system.
- Configured and programmed an assortment of hardware, computers, and remote devices to facilitate a system for controlling lights, music, and other functionality throughout the house.
Created a web utility for automating college class group formation.
- Implemented a user-friendly PHP front end for prospective students.
- Backed the utility with a sophisticated MySQL implementation, including XSS and SQL injection attack prevention mechanisms in front end code.
- Added a machine learning algorithm for calculating optimal prospective group compatibility.
- Was awarded a computing habitat competition award for the finished product.
Proprietary Financial Application
Implemented a series of pages and controls for a major financial application.
- Contributed to refinement of underlying development framework.
- Completed all tasks on or ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Extracted common logic for reuse by other developers
MS Test Report Generator
Architected and implemented a utility to read MS Test XML results files and generate formatted HTML reports.
- Used XDocument model to create a consistent data access abstraction for HTML and XML, allowing fluid translation between persistence formats.
- Created a tiered architecture using data access, domain, and service layers to allow application extension to other storage and reporting formats.
- Made use of IRepository pattern to facilitate persistence ignorance.
- Took advantage of flexible design to provide nearly 100% code coverage with unit tests.
Collaborated on software interface for industrial mail sorters.
- Designed interoperation modules for exporting sortation data into accounting modules.
- Created and maintained a scheme for digital rights and subscription management.
- Analyzed database schema to improve indexing and retrieval efficiency.
Oversaw initial rewrite phase of a legacy accounting application.
- Created architecture and relevant artifacts for implementing version 2.0 of a legacy application.
- Setup J2EE, Spring framework and development environments for team collaboration on the project.
- Maintained initial, aggressive schedule, even absorbing periodic resource re-allocation and requirements creep.
Autotask Project Status
Created a custom app for managing project status in Autotask
- Designed scheme for resolving Autotask "UDF" fields to strongly typed, DTO-capable primitives.
- Created CRUD-mimicking infrastructure for interacting with Autotask web service.
Collaborated on a web engine for locating scholarship information for students
- Collaborated on a tiered architecture for a web crawling utility.
- Architected backend data storage and server side code.
- Mined over 50,000 different scholarships for display to users.
- Created crawling engine robust enough to handle cosmetic changes to target site layouts and formats.
Data Store Editor
Architected, designed, and led implementation of an application meta-data configuration tool.
- Setup architecture, dependency graph, IoC container, source control, and all other project overhead.
- Led and coordinated a team of 8 people in the implementation.
- Sustained 100% unit test coverage and excellent static analysis marks throughout development, keeping defect counts minimal and user story completion on track.
Test and Evaluation Server
Created a web application allowing industrial machinery testers to manage test execution and results.
- Using J2EE and Spring Framework, architected and created a system that replaced paper based test recording.
- Developed iteratively, receiving positive feedback at all stages from stakeholders.
- Deployed to production without any show-stopper issues, even in Beta.
Autotask Ticket Merge
Implemented custom app to allow Autotask tickets to be merged
- Wrapped Autotask web service using repository pattern.
- Abstracted inconsistent API to allow transparent manipulation of different entity types.
- Delivered under budget and ahead of schedule.
Tinnitus Sound Generator
Designed and implemented a module for hearing aid fitting software to support tinnitus sound generation.
- Designed and implemented new functionality for an existing application with minimized mutual dependencies.
- Created a testable, dependency injected design with over 80% code coverage.
- Introduced a conceptual service layer to an application that was formerly binding GUI elements directly to domain objects.
- Implemented object communication and validation schemes that served as a template for minimizing coupling elsewhere in the code.