Designed a tool for forecasting margins when using industrial machinery.
- Architected and oversaw implementation of a tool to help industrial machinery customers project their margins over the lifetime of the machinery, including initial ROI.
- Provided a valuable tool to corporate sales team for helping customers select the best machinery for their needs.
- Successfully followed an iterative and agile release schedule to provide as much up front utility as quickly as possible.
Authored a study on the relative usability of various front end programming technologies in conjunction with various RDBMs.
- Designed small applications in 5 different languages, each of which connected to five different databases.
- Created normalized schema and metrics for evaluating performance that eliminated as many comparison variables as possible.
- Presented results in website format.
Manpower Loading Forecaster
Created a custom database application for tracking resource allocation in an engineering department
- Architected and implemented a well-received product for less than the cost of purchasing comparable products out of the box.
- Managed the software through dozens of minor and two major release cycles.
- Successfully contributed to significantly increased efficiency as a result of new ability to plan and forecast resource allocation and budgeting concerns.
Intellectual Property Database
Created a database application for managing corporate intellectual property information
- Architected and designed from scratch a system for managing intellectual property information for a company with hundreds of active patent applications.
- Supported groups of users throughout all phases of the SDLC including many release iterations.
- Generated extensive reporting and and usability enhancements in response to popular desire for software extension.
Overhauled an accounting application for customers in a niche market
- Received an existing application that had badly outgrown its initial design and successfully refactored strategic parts without rewriting to make it flexible.
- Made UI, performance, and security enhancements that led to a doubling over the customer base.
- Integrated refactoring efforts seamlessly with new development efforts.
- Participated in enterprise installations and customer training in software use.
Implemented a database application for a retirement hotel.
- Created a multi-user application for tracking tenant residence and billing information.
- Wrote software to interact with phone system.
- Managed project through all phases of software development life cycle.
- Served as architect and designer.