Designed multiple informational websites
- Used a variety of client and server side web technologies to create visually appealing and soundly structured websites.
- Managed deployment and version control schemes for the sites.
Designed a tool for forecasting margins when using industrial machinery.
- Architected and oversaw implementation of a tool to help industrial machinery customers project their margins over the lifetime of the machinery, including initial ROI.
- Provided a valuable tool to corporate sales team for helping customers select the best machinery for their needs.
- Successfully followed an iterative and agile release schedule to provide as much up front utility as quickly as possible.
Authored a study on the relative usability of various front end programming technologies in conjunction with various RDBMs.
- Designed small applications in 5 different languages, each of which connected to five different databases.
- Created normalized schema and metrics for evaluating performance that eliminated as many comparison variables as possible.
- Presented results in website format.
Implemented an interactive PHP calendar for a Content Management System
- Created an independent module that fit seamlessly into an existing system.
- Created a normalized MySQL schema for maximized flexibility and extensibility.
- Worked in a distributed environment and effectively managed deadlines and source control considerations.
Created a fully functional and integrated home automation system.
- Wrote low level code to interact with home electricity and automation devices using the X10 protocol.
- Architected and implemented a web server that drives the home automation system.
- Configured and programmed an assortment of hardware, computers, and remote devices to facilitate a system for controlling lights, music, and other functionality throughout the house.
Created a web utility for automating college class group formation.
- Implemented a user-friendly PHP front end for prospective students.
- Backed the utility with a sophisticated MySQL implementation, including XSS and SQL injection attack prevention mechanisms in front end code.
- Added a machine learning algorithm for calculating optimal prospective group compatibility.
- Was awarded a computing habitat competition award for the finished product.
Proprietary Financial Application
Implemented a series of pages and controls for a major financial application.
- Contributed to refinement of underlying development framework.
- Completed all tasks on or ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Extracted common logic for reuse by other developers
Maintained a database application for tracking customer subscriptions
- Managed software development through two major releases and many minor releases.
- Continued to satisfy new requests on schedule in spite of drastically increased scope from original design.
- Successfully managed stakeholder expectations that were not necessarily compatible and kept everyone satisfied with the application.
- Eventually architected and oversaw a new version of existing software.
Manpower Loading Forecaster
Created a custom database application for tracking resource allocation in an engineering department
- Architected and implemented a well-received product for less than the cost of purchasing comparable products out of the box.
- Managed the software through dozens of minor and two major release cycles.
- Successfully contributed to significantly increased efficiency as a result of new ability to plan and forecast resource allocation and budgeting concerns.
Setup multiple mediawiki installations on corporate intranets.
- Created custom wikis for internal knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Customized the wikis to have corporate branding and common navigation.
- Modified settings to create a richer experience with file sharing and integration with other corporate tools.
Collaborated on software interface for industrial mail sorters.
- Designed interoperation modules for exporting sortation data into accounting modules.
- Created and maintained a scheme for digital rights and subscription management.
- Analyzed database schema to improve indexing and retrieval efficiency.
Intellectual Property Database
Created a database application for managing corporate intellectual property information
- Architected and designed from scratch a system for managing intellectual property information for a company with hundreds of active patent applications.
- Supported groups of users throughout all phases of the SDLC including many release iterations.
- Generated extensive reporting and and usability enhancements in response to popular desire for software extension.
Overhauled an accounting application for customers in a niche market
- Received an existing application that had badly outgrown its initial design and successfully refactored strategic parts without rewriting to make it flexible.
- Made UI, performance, and security enhancements that led to a doubling over the customer base.
- Integrated refactoring efforts seamlessly with new development efforts.
- Participated in enterprise installations and customer training in software use.
Oversaw initial rewrite phase of a legacy accounting application.
- Created architecture and relevant artifacts for implementing version 2.0 of a legacy application.
- Setup J2EE, Spring framework and development environments for team collaboration on the project.
- Maintained initial, aggressive schedule, even absorbing periodic resource re-allocation and requirements creep.
Mail Sorter Simulator
Designed a system to exercise control system for industrial machinery.
- Collaborated on circuit schematics for hardware design.
- Designed and implemented software protocols for TCP/IP, Serial, and custom IDE card driver testing over hardware lines.
- Architected and implemented both kernel space and user space application for driving hardware simulation.
- Used results generated to help refine and enhance implementation of machines under test.
- Successfully unified different concerns across a variety of languages of implementation and layers of software using IPC, multi-threading and shared kernel memory.
Implemented a database application for a retirement hotel.
- Created a multi-user application for tracking tenant residence and billing information.
- Wrote software to interact with phone system.
- Managed project through all phases of software development life cycle.
- Served as architect and designer.
Test and Evaluation Server
Created a web application allowing industrial machinery testers to manage test execution and results.
- Using J2EE and Spring Framework, architected and created a system that replaced paper based test recording.
- Developed iteratively, receiving positive feedback at all stages from stakeholders.
- Deployed to production without any show-stopper issues, even in Beta.