As you may have noticed, if you’re not reading this via RSS, I’ve changed the look and feel of the site a bit. I wanted to keep the overall theme of the site while getting a little more modern with the UX, and this is the result. The content portion doesn’t expand to the full width of your screen on higher resolution, things are a little more tiled, and the blog home no longer displays all text, pictures, etc.
I accomplished this by installing the catch box theme and then modifying the CSS to get it to look mostly similar to daedtech as it existed before. I also made modifications to some of the theme’s PHP pages. I looked at a pretty good cross-section of posts and pages to make sure I ironed out all of the kinks, but no doubt some of you will find ones I missed in the first 45 minutes the theme is live, so please feel free to let me know if anything looks weird or wrong to you, either via email or comments.
My hope is that the theme choice and modifications help to improve the site’s performance. I’m also planning to make some additional modifications along those lines to speed things up in the next few weeks as well, time allowing.